FoodFocus Nutrition Analysis Software:|
Choosing Foods That Make Sense
Health Canada provides nutrition recommendations to keep Canadians healthy.
FoodFocus was developed to help teachers and students explore Canadian nutrient recommendations and food data and
develop an understanding of healthy eating guidelines. Some features include:
- A fast, easy-to-use interface evolved with feedback from teachers and students across Canada
- The latest Canadian food data. Over 5000 updated foods (turkey, lamb, granola bars, flour, cereals ...). Over
500 new foods (dark chocolate, energy drinks, less common grains, over 100 new recipes, restaurant foods and more)
- Consistency with the Canada Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- Dietary Reference Intakes from Health Canada
- Customized dietary recommendations consider age, gender and lifestyle
- The design permits teachers to select more nutrients (up to 30% more) including added sugar and to customize displays
to best suit student needs.
Compared to other nutrient analysis approaches (including web-based alternatives) available to educators,
you will find that FoodFocus is your best choice because FoodFocus:
To Order FoodFocus
- is faster and less work for teachers and students
- has more options for selecting foods and food quantities
- more clearly indicates compliance with nutrient guidelines (there are clear indications whether
a food recall has too much of a nutrient or too little compared to recommendations -not just an
indication by how much it differs from the recommendation)
- is a superior tool to explore changes to a food recall. FoodFocus allows you to easily sort by nutrient
to quickly see the amount of a nutrient contributed by each food,
add foods, delete foods, change food quantities or jog food quantities up and down in steps to see how
analysis results change and so on.
- provide immediate feedback and graphics for a more effective and enjoyable learning experience
A Little Demo
Assuming that you have decided on the foods and quantities for either a healthy breakfast or a fast food one and you have
used FoodFocus to make such a food list, the following demo gives you a glimpse of some of the ways
FoodFocus indicates the nutrient content of such a breakfast. Make sure sound is turned on and click the Play arrow to see the demo.
See Resources | Interactive Training on the menu for some full length demos
or click here.